- Brand Management - Managed global brand portfolios for consumer brands, including trademark clearance, prosecution, enforcement, maintenance, sponsorship, licensing, distribution, domain name matters, and litigation/contentious matters.
- Brand Enforcement - Established strategy for and resolved complex multi-jurisdictional intellectual property disputes.
- Counterfeiting - Coordinated enforcement strategy with consumer electronic client against a S. Korean counterfeiter in coordination with U.S. Customs & Border Protection.
- Litigation - Managed litigators, client's relationship and expectations (substantive and fiscal), and assisted with case strategy, in trademark infringement suit that settled for over ten times defendants' initial monetary offer. Assisted with and attended key depositions. Managed and prepared secondary meaning expert in product configuration trade dress litigation.
- Rebranding - Worked directly with CEO to re-brand a publicly traded bio-tech company.
- Due Diligence - Conducted intellectual property due-diligence for underwriting institutions (financings and IPOs) and companies (financings and M&A transactions).
- IP Counsel and Management - Managed worldwide domain name, trademark, and patent portfolio for large OEM/ODM, including its 35 subsidiaries; transferred assets to related company for tax and intellectual property portfolio management purposes.
- Domain Names - Provide proactive global procurement strategies for domain names; negotiated domain name transfers under the UDRP.
Over the years, Jason has worked on brand-identity/trademark and domain name related matters for:
Honors/Law Firm Activities:
- Named a Rising Star, Washington Law & Politics, 2006, 2007, & 2008
- Member of Dorsey Seattle Recruiting Committee
- Member, International Trademark Association's (INTA) Existing Content Evaluation Subcommittee for Information Resources Committee - 2010-2011 Term
- Member, Subcommittee for Information Resources Committee - 2008-2009 Term
- Member, INTA since 2002
- Counseled pro-bono client, Survivors Celebration Foundation, with branding strategies and entity formation, 2006
- Member, Business Development Sub-Committee, FareStart, 2002-2003
- "Protecting Your Intellectual Property", Washington Technology Center's Legally Speaking Series: "What Every Early Stage Entrepreneur Should Know About Building A Successful Company", October 2005 and March 2006
- "Intellectual Property Legal Issues for New Ventures", Seattle University Graduate School of Business, November 2005
Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2001
- Editor, Syracuse Law and Technology Journal
- Research Assistant for the late Professor Richard I. Goldsmith
- Extern for the United States Attorney's Office / Northern District of New York
- Clerk, Honorable Judge Hedges - New York Family Law Court
- Clerk, Honorable Judge Centra - New York State Supreme Court
- Boise State University, B.A., cum laude, 1996